Illustration by Claire Robertson

My Name is Oskar Tex Hosken and I'm four years old. Daddy built my website for me and Mummy helps me write my journal. I have a little sister, Jasmine, who also has a website.

Read my guestbook

oskar at neuronwave dot com

Friday, July 29, 2005
Mum and Dad have been on this mission, over the last few weeks, to get me to stay in my bedroom until 7am. That's nothing new; they've wanted me to do that for the last two years, but they seem to have stepped up their efforts. They said that if I stayed in bed until 7 then I could go to the lollypop shop for a treat and I wouldn't have to have a nap. That sounded fine to me, but then they added that if I DIDN'T stay in bed until 7 then I wouldn't have any TV and wouldn't have any sweet treats. I reacted with my usual tactic, yelling, 'I don't WANT any TV! I don't want any treats', and I sulked off, safe in the knowledge that they'd never go through with it. Except that they sort of did.

For the first couple of days without TV I kept nagging to put it on, but then I just forgot about it and set about playing with my toys and making cubby houses out of all the couch cushions. If I saw that Jasmine was trying to put the TV on then I'd yell, 'MUUUUM! JAZZIE IS PUTTING ON THE TV!!!' I don't know why I kept dobbing her in, but I really didn't miss the TV. I did miss having something special to eat, though. Mum was pretty hard about it, but I persuaded Dad to let me have a couple of sweet treats at times.

I didn't really think about ACTUALLY staying in my room until Daddy came home with a Doctor Who tardis and K9. He said that I could play with it, but that if I got up before 7am the next day then it would go away. I think I got up around 6 or 6.30. Around breakfast time, Mum gave Daddy 'the look' and so he took the Tardis away. He looked very sad about it, but I was sadder, I think.

I kept getting up between 6 and 6.30 and padding in to Mum and Dad's room every ten minutes or so. A few times I reset my clock and took it with me to show them that it WAS seven o'clock. They were not impressed.

But, two days ago a package arrived for me in our post office box. It was a Thunderbirds alarm clock that says, '5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Thunderbirds are GO!' We set it for 7am and yesterday I waited until it went off before going in to Mum and Dad. They were SO happy. We took a trip to the lollypop shop and I didn't have a nap and I watched half an hour of TV. I was very happy, except that I was getting a cold and Mum was in a really grumpy mood, plus I didn't have a nap, so I got really tired by the afternoon. The day wasn't as good as it could have been!

This morning I waited until 7am again before getting up. I've been asking all morning to go to the lollypop shop and think we are going this arvo when Jazzie wakes from her nap, which, I think, is NOW.


Taking in the view with Dad at Sandringham beach

A sort of preview birthday cake...(I turn 5 tomorrow!!!)

We're Dixie and Pumpy

Looooove the Kew Traffic School

We got you, Uncle Ad, now give up!

Are we too cool, or what?!

Watching the ducks on a breezy day...but nothing stops me from wearing my muscle shirt.

I'm not dizzy, no, no...

Whoaah!! Grampa made this for me!

Night-night, Mummy!

January 2001
February 2001
March 2001
April 2001
May 2001
June 2001
July 2001
August 2001
September 2001
October 2001
November 2001
December 2001
January 2002
February 2002
March 2002
April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
Creative Commons License