Illustration by Claire Robertson

My Name is Oskar Tex Hosken and I'm four years old. Daddy built my website for me and Mummy helps me write my journal. I have a little sister, Jasmine, who also has a website.

Read my guestbook

oskar at neuronwave dot com

Friday, April 23, 2004
I've been telling everyone I've seen over the last two days, 'Jazzie's got a sore arm...she spilled tea'. I didn't see it happen; I was asleep at the time, but when I woke up Sandra was over and Mum was looking all anxious. I knew something was up and was wondering about it, so I didn't notice that I was peeing in my doorway. Mum said, 'You could stop peeing now and go and finish it in the toilet?' and I suddenly realised what was happening. I went off to the toilet and finished my pee.

But it wasn't very nice at home: I was tired, Mum was frantic and Jasmine was looking all miserable like she'd been crying. So I cried too. After a while we all went off to see the doctor. Mum was all stressed and when we got there, there were no car parks. She ranted and raved a bit and we eventually found one. We went straight in to the doctor, who wrapped up Jasmine's arm. She screamed and screamed and I tried to ignore it and played with the toys in the corner. I thought I handled it very well.

The next day we had to go back to the doctor again. As we were driving there I told Mum, 'Mum, when we get to de doctor's, dere might be no carparks, and your might say, "Fuckens!"' She said that maybe she wouldn't. Then I said, 'Mum, I don't wan Jazzie to go doctor again'. Mum said, 'You don't like to hear Jazzie cry, do you?' and I said, 'No, I get scared'. Mum said she gets scared too, and I felt a bit better.

When the doctor took off Jasmine's bandage, she cried and cried. I went up to her and stoked her head and reassured her, 'It's okay, Jazzie, it's okay'. She didn't cry as much as the first time. Mum said I helped make her feel better. Poor Jazzie.

Wednesday, April 21, 2004
Hooray!! It's music's music time... I went back to Mini Maestros yesterday and I'm very happy about that! Melissa was the teacher again, and I LOVE Melissa...not that I wanted to show her that straight away of course. I hid behind Mum when I saw her. I was only shy for the first ten minutes, then I decided that it was okay to have fun and I started prancing around. Another good thing about the class is that Bethany was there as well! I love Bethany and Michelle, so I was very happy they were there. It's going to be a fun term.

I've been watching Mum knitting and decided that it looks like fun. I told her, 'Mum, when I grow up, when I'm a little bit bigger, I might knit a ... a cockatoo! An' I might knit a, um, um, um, ... a rainbow korileet!' She was knitting a big scarf and I thought a bit about it. Then I announced, 'Mum, when I'm a bit bigger, I might knit an orange scarf!' She was very excited.

My big event of the last couple of weeks was a trip to Bendigo with Daddy to meet Grampa. We got the tram into the city, which took a while, then jumped on a train about five seconds before it took off for Bendigo. I was so happy and excited. We settled on some seats and looked out the windows for about ten minutes before I felt really tired. Daddy folded my blanket for me to put my head on and I fell asleep lying across the seat while I cuddled Bobo. I woke up just before we arrived at Bendigo. Grampa met us and we drove to a hotel to check in. Then we went for a drive around and stopped at a toy store; I insisted on putting money in the parking meter - I love doing that. I got some new Thunderbird toys and then demanded a strawberry freddo frog, so we went into Coles to get me one - he he. We had a play at a playground - that was good fun: I pushed Grampa down the slide - he only just fitted - and had fun in the sandpit. Then we hung out at the hotel for a while before heading out to a pizza place for dinner.

I slept all night and when I woke I crept into Daddy's bed for cuddles and some stories. That was really nice. We went out for a play together and got a bun for brekky while Grampa slept a bit longer, then we all went off to the Bendigo Showgrounds to see a steam engine exhibition. There were all sorts of things to look at: I saw a sheep being sheared; a really old fire engine, which I loved; a bagpipe band; a big concert organ; a clown and I had a ride on a funny little train with one other boy, so we had a carriage each. It was wonderful fun and I love being there with Daddy and Grampa. Then, after a hot dog for lunch (blerk - I took out the sausage and ate the bread) we all got in Grampa's car and drove back home. I was very happy to see Mummy!

Friday, April 09, 2004
I've had a lousy cold for most of the last week and have only felt better in the last couple of days. I had to miss the last Kinder of the term and even missed playgroup I was so sick. But I've still had a good week with a few fun outings.

Mum, Dad, Jasmine and I all went off to Brunetti's together on the weekend. I picked a table at the end of the cafe where I sat on the banquette seat with Daddy and tried to scoff as much of his donut as I could. Jazzie sat in a highchair and also had some donut, although she took ages sucking on a tiny little piece. Once I'd finished the donut I tried to pinch some escargo off Mummy, but she wasn't so keen on sharing. I got a tiny edge crust from her. I took a really good photo from the table looking into the cafe; I really focussed on getting a good picture and after I'd taken it two men came over to see how the picture turned out - you can see their faces peering in the side of the photo, which is up on Jasmine's site since she got in the picture. They were very impressed!

The highlight of my week was a special trip into the city with Daddy on Wednesday. We set off early and got a tram and a couple of trains into the city. We got off at one of the underground stations - I was very excited to go in the tunnel - and I went up the longest, highest escalator I've ever seen. We popped up on the street and headed off to Pellegrini's for morning tea. I had a hot chocolate while Daddy had coffee and toast. I really, really loved that hot chocolate and carefully drank the whole thing without spilling a drop.

Then we jumped on a tram and went to the ABC shop. I was so excited and played with every toy I could get my hands on. I did a really good Cookie Monster voice and made him move around as I spoke. I also played with the Playschool toys and really liked Jemima, plus I found the Wiggles' big red car and spent ages playing with that. I found a birthday present to give to Jasmine: a t-shirt with Jemima on it, and Daddy bought me a present too: I picked Brum. He wobbles as he drives forwards and the doors open and the headlights wiggle about too. I love it. Daddy had to drag me out of the shop.

After the ABC shop we walked to Uncle Ad's work where I looked out the windows at the amazing view. Uncle Ad came out to say hello, but I suddenly got all shy and clung to Daddy. I happily ate a peach while we were there, though. We had a toilet stop afterwards and Daddy held me up so I could pee in the big man's urinal. That was fun!! Then we got in another lift and went right up the top of the Rialto building to the observation deck. That was amazing and Daddy said we could see all the way out to our house, but I couldn't see it.

We got on another two trams to the Polly Woodside and Maritime Museum. I had a great time poking about this great big boat and made the bell clang and turned the wheel. There was no-one else on the boat so we had it all to ourselves. It was the best fun.

By then I was getting tired, so we got on the tram where I fell asleep snuggled on the seat with my legs on Daddy's lap. I woke when we got off the tram but went straight to bed when we got home. It was a really great day.

Thursday afternoon at playgroup we had an easter egg hunt. I've never done anything like that before and it was wonderful! Michelle told us all what to do: we had to search around for the eggs, then take them to a big basket and go off to find more eggs. There were eight of us big kids and a few little ones like Jasmine all running around hunting for tiny eggs. Once I couldn't hold anymore in my hands I took them to the basket and set off again. It was a bit strange, though, because eggs kept appearing in areas that I was sure I'd already searched. But I didn't care, I just collected them again and delivered them to the basket. Once we'd found them all we went inside for a special afternoon tea of hot cross buns, orange juice and easter eggs. We were all very happy and munched away before taking off to play again.

I settled myself at the side of the room and built a really long wall out of blocks. I got a tiny little boy doll and he was Virgil, and I got a block for him to lie on and slid the block along the wall just like how Virgil goes down in the Thunderbirds. I spent ages happily making Virgil stand against the wall and tip backwards and slide along. Then Gabriel came over and tried to play with me, but he knocked part of my wall over. I was devastated and went crying to Mummy and pointed and cried at Gabriel. Mum came over and helped rebuild the wall and she showed Gabriel what I was doing and got him a doll and block as well. I was okay with that and started showing Gabe how to make Virgil slide along, but then Oliver came over and knocked the whole wall down! I was mortified and cried for ages. I was still sulking when it was pack up time, but finally got over it when Mum and I went out to the tennis court and played chasey. I felt better when we left to go home.


Taking in the view with Dad at Sandringham beach

A sort of preview birthday cake...(I turn 5 tomorrow!!!)

We're Dixie and Pumpy

Looooove the Kew Traffic School

We got you, Uncle Ad, now give up!

Are we too cool, or what?!

Watching the ducks on a breezy day...but nothing stops me from wearing my muscle shirt.

I'm not dizzy, no, no...

Whoaah!! Grampa made this for me!

Night-night, Mummy!

January 2001
February 2001
March 2001
April 2001
May 2001
June 2001
July 2001
August 2001
September 2001
October 2001
November 2001
December 2001
January 2002
February 2002
March 2002
April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
Creative Commons License