Illustration by Claire Robertson

My Name is Oskar Tex Hosken and I'm four years old. Daddy built my website for me and Mummy helps me write my journal. I have a little sister, Jasmine, who also has a website.

Read my guestbook

oskar at neuronwave dot com

Saturday, March 29, 2003

Sunday, March 23, 2003
We went out for yet another breakfast this morning where Daddy tried to make me sit down before I was ready. I HATE that! When I get up in the morning, I just need some time to do my thing. But this morning we all rushed around after sleeping in and were down at Fenix less than an hour after I'd woken. So what I really needed was a walk by the Yarra and a quiet listen to the bellbirds before being sociable. I was very happy to do this myself but Daddy insisted on coming with me, so I wandered along the paths and up and down the steps with Daddy in tow before being forced back to the table. And forced I was; I did my best to resist but eventually gave in because we were there to celebrate Nan's birthday afterall. Happy Birthday Nan.

I amused myself at the table with my trains and by pouring salt and pepper into my glass of water. The salt went to the bottom of the glass, but the pepper floated; very interesting. Then the food came and I had a babycino with the most chocolate I've ever seen on top. I ate quite a lot of Nan's pancakes and some of Daddy's croissant. I liked the pink and yellow jams very much. Once I'd finished I yelled out to a passing waiter: "coffee please man," but unfortunately he didn't hear me. I was happy to go home.

I think I was a bit grumpy because I've been out late for the last two nights. Friday night we went to Harry's house and I got to meet his baby brother Jack. Harry and I ran around the house for about three hours straight, so I was very tired after that. Then last night we had dinner at Bethany's house. I did a fair bit of running around there too, but I particularly enjoyed the cushion fight. I flaked in the portacot way later than my usual bedtime and really didn't want to be woken up to drive home. No wonder I slept in this morning.

Tuesday, March 18, 2003
I am now the owner of THE spunkiest pair of shoes I've ever seen! Nan and Grandad gave me a voucher for Christmas and I've been hanging out to use it. So yesterday M & D and I went to Betsy Pryam where the nice lady measured my feet, which I like. They are now size 8 and still kind of wide. Okay chubby. But because of that I was able to try on all these cool Italian and Spanish shoes, which are all wide fittings. I ran around the shop in circles and was comfy in all the shoes, but the ones we got were the best. They are black with caramel stripes and a square toe like adults shoes. So so cool! Bring on the cold weather so I can wear them now!

Last week I also got some gumboots. They are red and black and have bug faces on them. I was really happy to get them, but having worn them a few times, I can only manage short periods of time in them. They're really weird to walk in, but when I've had enough at least I'm able to get them off myself. Which I did at Granny's last week down the bottom of the garden. Then I walked up the garden to find Granny and by the time I'd found her my socks were very wet and covered in dirt and mulch. Maybe I should have ditched the gumboots up near the house.

I had a great time with Granny last week. She came to rescue me from M & D, who both had food poisoning, and we had a great day together. When we got in the car I started talking about how I put the coins into the CD player last week. I was really pleased with how they slotted in there so neatly, although I was expecting them to fall out somewhere and they never did. Granny said that we'd have to get some help to get the coins out, because the CD player hadn't worked since, so we drove to the Subaru place to see if they could find them. Well I was captivated! Granny and I stood at the window to the workshop and watched all the men work on the cars. They lifted the cars into the air and stood underneath them, and there was a car there with no wheels! I kept up a running commentary the whole time we were there, which was for about 20 minutes. I just loved it. Eventually the man came back with a 20 cent piece and a 10 cent piece, which surprised Granny who only caught me putting in the second coin, so she didn't know there were two. We were all very pleased. And Granny's CD player works again.

I now have a new car seat. It's not as snug as the other one, but is much easier to get into and out of. It doesn't have the harness like my previous one, so I get to use the regular seat belt like a big boy. And it's in the middle of the back seat so I get a really good view of where we're going. I've been learning from Mummy what to yell when the traffic isn't moving. If we get stuck behind a slow car then I yell, "come on!" and then, "GO!" I have copied some of the other things that she's yelled out before, but she won't let me write them down...

Thursday, March 13, 2003
It's Aunty Dodo's birthday today. Happy Birthday Dodo! To celebrate we all went out to Circa for brekkie. I love going out for brekkie, but we don't usually have to sit in the car for 45 minutes to get where we're going. I really needed to stretch my legs after that, so I wasn't impressed with being forced to sit at the table straight away. I made my point with some very loud yelling, and thankfully I got my way, at least for a short while. Eventually I settled at the table once I was presented with a babycino, then some orange juice followed by some of Daddy's toasted sandwich and some of Mummy's French toast. Dodo also let me help her unwrap her presents, which was very nice of her.

I was very tired by the time we left. Probably because I woke up about 3 or 4 times last night. But I don't mind falling asleep in the car. Then I don't have to walk up the stairs. It's a trick I've discovered lately because Mummy has been telling me that she won't carry me anymore because I'm too heavy. So just before we get home I rub my eyes and say, " Mummy, carry de please", and make out like I'm really tired and can't possibly walk up 3 flights of stairs myself. If she makes me walk then I drag on her hand and take ages to get up the stairs. It has worked a few times this week, so I think I'm winning that one.

I'm learning lots of new words at the moment. But I don't always know exactly what they mean. Not that that stops me from trying them out of course. Tonight I ran up to Mummy and said, "shit! hit me!". She laughed, which gave me no clue as to what I'd said, except that it was funny. I'll have to think a bit more about that one.

Tuesday, March 11, 2003
I seem to be back to my cot permanently now. Actually I don't mind too much. We read books in there and when I've had enough I say, "Mummy close the gate" or "make it dark" and then, "close the door". I haven't been sleeping too well over the last few weeks. I'm waking a lot at night and haven't been sleeping as long during the day. So I've been a bit grumpy and short tempered. And M & D have stopped giving me go-juice to drink. They insist that I should be drinking water. So I've taken a stand and the only thing I'm drinking is milk with meals. But I have to admit that I'm really quite thirsty. Occasionally I'll drink a few mouthfuls of water to quench my thirst but I refuse to drink more than that. I want my go-juice. It's been six days now, not that I'm counting...

I went to the Zoo today with M & D. It was a bit frustrating really because they insisted that I walk and not run. A couple of times I ran off and Daddy stuck me straight in the stroller. Once he caught me that is. They don't understand that I love to look at the animals but I don't need to stand there looking for ages. A quick glance is fine for me, then on to the next one. I did get very hot and sticky though, but I still refused to drink more than a mouthful.

We popped in to see Bethany on the way home. Bethany asked if I could have some yoghurt with her and I nodded and said, "Okkar yoghurt" when Michelle checked with me. I wolfed it down and didn't even get a scrap on my cheeks or lips or anything. Then she let me share half of her banana, which was very nice of her. I would never willingly share a banana with anyone. I was so thirsty that I did actually drink a bit of water that Michelle gave me, but only because it was Michelle who gave it to me.

Saturday, March 08, 2003
I'm really not impressed with the whole bed situation now. M & D have been putting me in my cot when I wake in the middle of the night, and for the last few days, they've even put me in my cot for the whole night again! So this morning I took action and climbed out of my cot. It was pretty satisfying actually; I walked into M & D's bedroom and they said, "how did you do that?" and I answered, "careful". Daddy wanted me to elaborate so I said, "Okkar climb, careful". I think they were quite impressed. We'll see how this changes things now...hee hee hee.


Taking in the view with Dad at Sandringham beach

A sort of preview birthday cake...(I turn 5 tomorrow!!!)

We're Dixie and Pumpy

Looooove the Kew Traffic School

We got you, Uncle Ad, now give up!

Are we too cool, or what?!

Watching the ducks on a breezy day...but nothing stops me from wearing my muscle shirt.

I'm not dizzy, no, no...

Whoaah!! Grampa made this for me!

Night-night, Mummy!

January 2001
February 2001
March 2001
April 2001
May 2001
June 2001
July 2001
August 2001
September 2001
October 2001
November 2001
December 2001
January 2002
February 2002
March 2002
April 2002
May 2002
June 2002
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
May 2003
June 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
Creative Commons License